Your 2019 Virtual Orientation Binder
- Your Department's Grad Resources Page (bookmark it!) including:
- Degree Checklists
- Degree Requirements
- Program Handbook
- Description of Duties forms
- Eligibility Checklist (required each quarter, except summer, for employment or fellowship)
- and more...
- Professional Development program, including a calendar of workshops: GradPathways
- Becoming a California Resident - Domestic nonresidents are expected to become California residents before the start of their second year - Make sure to start collecting evidence now. (International Students may not become residents for tuition purposes)
- UC Davis Campus Map - Find out how to get to orientation and your classes
- When in doubt, ask the LangLit Staff
Orientations Schedule 2019
September 12-13: Holistic U (Graduate Diversity Orientation) (optional) https://grad.ucdavis.edu/node/40609/
September 16, Monday: General Program- Workshops & socials. View the schedule and register. Mandatory training. https://grad.ucdavis.edu/node/40608/
September 18, Wednesday: German department orientation- held in Sproul hall 104.
10:00 Welcome from the chair 10:30 TA training 12:00 break for lunch 1:00-3:00 Continued training
September 19, Monday: Languages and Literatures Orientation - held in Sproul 912- administrative items; IT troubleshooting; photos, Salaries and Fellowships explained
September 23, Monday: Center for Educational Effectiveness (CEE) TA Training-required for new TA/AIs
Register online at https://cee.ucdavis.edu/tao
TAs must complete one online module prior to attending the in-person sessions.The course will take approximately 60 minutes to complete, and is available to complete now. Follow this link to register for the online course: Living the Principles of Community (e-learning). If you experience difficulties logging in, please contact the Staff Development and Professional Services (SDPS) at (530) 752-1766 or firstname.lastname@example.org registration assistance. Both the in-person and online sessions are required to fulfill the TA Training requirement. Advance registration is required. Consult your registration confirmation email for time and location of the in-person training.
Sexual Violence Prevention training- (included in September 16, Monday: General Program)
UC Davis requires that all incoming graduate and professional students complete mandatory sexual violence intervention and prevention (SVPT) training within the first six weeks of their beginning classes at UC Davis. See http://sexualviolence.ucdavis.edu/education_training.html to register. The deadline to complete the requirement is Monday, October 29, 2018. Students who do not complete the SVPT requirement by the deadline will have a hold placed on their student account, preventing them from being able to register for 2019 Spring Semester or Winter Quarter classes.
Test of Oral English Proficiency (TOEP) Test
For international graduate students / TAs. See http://iae.ucdavis.edu/graduate/index.html for information on who must take it and how to sign up.