German Department Resources
- German Department By-Laws [PDF]
- German Degree Requirements [PDF]
- German Graduate Handbook
- German Reading List
- German MA/PhD Degree Checklist [PDF]
- Mentoring Guidelines - The UC Davis Graduate Council adopted faculty/student mentoring guidelines in 1999 that explain what mentoring is and the expectations faculty and students should have of one another.
- Variable Unit Course Request form - required for enrollment in GER 298, 299 or 299D
German TA Resources
- Description of TA/AI Duties for GER 1-3 [PDF]
- Description of TA/AI Duties for GER 20-22 [PDF]
- Description of TA/AI Duties for GER 10 [PDF]
- Description of TA/AI Duties for GER 45/FMS 45 [PDF]
- Description of TA/AI/Reader Duties BLANK (for jobs not listed above)
- TA Absence Report [PDF]
- TA Substitution Form [PDF]
UC Employment Policy
- Policies for hiring graduate students, including employment limits: Academic Personnel Manual Appendix II-B http://manuals.ucdavis.edu/apm/II-B.htm
- Eligibility Checklist - Must be completed prior to each quarter you are to be employed or receive a fellowship [PDF]
- Sproul Hall Information for Grad Students
- Important Links for UC Davis Graduate Students (Sorted by category, use "ctrl F" to search by keyword)
- Computing Resources
- The Center For Educational Effectiveness (CEE) TA Orientation
- Graduate Studies Orientation
- Services for International Students & Scholars (SISS) Orientation for international students
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get credit (units) for my work as a TA? 50% TAs may sign up for 4 units of GER 396. Visit grad staff offices for the CRN. Make sure to sign up for the section led by your TA Supervisor.
- How do I sign up for an independent study (GER 299, 299D) since I've completed my coursework? Visit grad staff offices for the CRN and complete a variable unit course request formwhen you meet with the instructor. You must enroll in sisweb using the CRN.
- Am I eligible for financial assistance for Childcare costs? See http://worklife-wellness.ucdavis.edu/family_care/children/financialassistance.html for information on the different childcare subsidies to learn which one(s) you may qualify for.
Graduate Studies forms
(Please route through Maria Ruby in 210 Sproul, for signatures so we can keep a copy in your file.)